New Repertory Theatre takes your health and well-being seriously! Please see below for important information regarding our performances and events impacted by COVID-19. If you have any questions, please contact our Patron Services Team at 617-923-8487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATED OCTOBER 8, 2020
As it is still unsafe to congregate in indoor theatre spaces in the state of Massachusetts, New Repertory Theatre has been forced to make the following decision:
- NEW UPDATE! Postpone all performances of Stupid F##king Bird until January/February of 2022
As a reminder:
- All performances of Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill have been postponed until 2021
- All performances of Angels in America: Millennium Approaches have been postponed until Fall 2021
- All performances of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee have been postponed until November/December 2021
- All performances of Thurgood on Tour and the Classic Repertory Company’s productions of The Scarlet Letter have been cancelled.
- At this time, the Mosesian Center for the Arts is still closed to the public.
We have evaluated all possibilities for live productions in 2020 and early 2021, including social-distancing procedures and live-streamed performances. As our artists would need to begin the design process for Stupid F##king Bird in October, and it is still unsafe for them to collaborate indoors in such a close proximity, we have arrived at the conclusion that we are unable to produce our previously scheduled, indoor/in-person productions for the remainder of the calendar year.
We currently plan to open our 2020/2021 MainStage season with Jelly’s Last Jam in March, 2021.
“It is so disheartening to have to continue to make decisions to postpone New Rep’s indoor productions,” says Michael J. Bobbitt, Artistic Director of New Repertory Theatre. “We sorely miss our people and our work, but are committed to doing our part to keep our community safe. These additional postponements expand our projected financial losses to $960,000, or 56% of our annual operating budget. We will need our community’s help now more than ever to make it through this.”
We recognize that these decisions may cause significant inconvenience to our most loyal supporters and patrons, but please know your well-being and the well-being of our artists and employees will continue to be our top priority. We are so appreciative of your continued understanding and support while New Repertory Theatre navigates these unprecedented times.
To current ticket-holders to Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill, no action is needed on your part. We will be in touch with you regarding rescheduled performances once the new dates are confirmed.
To patrons who previously held tickets to August Wilson’s Fences, no action is needed on your part. A credit has been placed on your account in the amount of your ticket purchase. This credit may be used towards any performance through June 2022.
To subscribers to the 2020/2021 season who currently have tickets to Angels in America: Millennium Approaches, no action is needed on your part. Your tickets will automatically be transferred to the Fall 2021 performance as soon as the production’s new run dates are confirmed.
To subscribers to the 2020/2021 season who currently have tickets to The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, no action is needed on your part. Your tickets will automatically be transferred to the November/December 2021 performances as soon as the production’s new run dates are confirmed.
To subscribers to the 2020/2021 season who currently have tickets to Stupid F##king Bird, no action is needed on your part. Your tickets will automatically be transferred to the 2022 performances as soon as the production’s new run dates are confirmed.
Please call our box office at (617) 923-8487 or email email@example.com with any questions. We are responding as quickly as possible and greatly appreciate your patience.
We Need Your Help!
Like most nonprofit arts organizations, New Repertory Theatre is dependent upon ticket sales and contributions from generous donors to fund our operations. The cancellation and postponement of our scheduled productions and gala from the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons will cause great financial harm to our organization, as well as our artists who are dependent upon freelance work for their income.
We ask that you please continue to be a patron of the arts, and consider supporting New Repertory Theatre at this difficult time in the following ways:
- Making a financial contribution in any amount to New Repertory Theatre’s COVID – 19 Relief Fund
- Purchase a gift certificate – available at any time and in any amount, a gift certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of purchase. This means that you can support New Rep now, in our time of need, and guarantee yourself and your loved ones a night at the theater whenever you are ready to return.
- Exchanging your current tickets to August Wilson’s Fences to a production anytime between now and June 2022
- Donate your current tickets back to New Rep and receive a tax write-off letter.
This is a difficult time for our organization and artists, and we thank you for anything you are able to do to support us through this pandemic!
Our administrative staff is still open for business, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.